Free Fuel Fridays: Terms and conditions
Competition is now closed
Congratulations to Dylan Peisley!
Driva Free Fuel Friday Promotion
Start: 1 September 2022 9:00 AM
End: 28 September 2022 11:59 PM
No entries will be accepted outside this time.
Driva Pty Ltd
ABN: 37 636 659 160
80 Wentworth Ave
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Entry to the Promotion is open to Australian residents in all eligible states/territories who fulfill the method of entry requirements and are 18 years of age or older.
Details of prizes
The prize will be a Woolworths Fuel Gift Card or equivalent Mastercard Gift Card for electric vehicle users (value subject to the week of the promotion as outlined below). A winner will be selected weekly. Each weekly winner will receive:
Week 1 (Prize 1): $100 fuel gift card
Week 2 (Prize 2): $200 fuel gift card
Week 3 (Prize 3): $300 fuel gift card
Week 4 (Prize 4): $500 fuel gift card
Week 5 (Prize 5): $1000 fuel gift card
Total number of prizes
Total prize value
Total prize pool (inc all fees, charges & GST): $2100
Method of entry
To enter, an entrant must, during the promotional period:
For Prizes 1 through to 4: an eligible person must, during the Promotion Period, be following the @driva_au instagram page and tag a friend in the comments section below the corresponding post for each week.
For Prize 5: an eligible person must complete a quote with Driva within the promotion period specified above.
Maximum number of entries
For prizes 1 through to 4: An eligible person may perform the activities outlined in Method of Entry more than once to receive additional entries in the Promotion.
For prize 5: An eligible person who performs the activities outlined in Method of Entry can only receive one entry during the promotion period.
Prizes 1 to 5 will be drawn via a random prize draw.
For prizes 1 through to 4, weekly prize draws will occur on the following dates:
Prize 1: 5th of September at 9.30am AEST
Prize 2: 12th of September at 9.30am AEST
Prize 3: 19th of September at 9.30am AEST
Prize 4: 26th of September at 9.30am AEST
Prize 5 will be drawn on the 30th of September at 10am AEST
Location of draws:
Driva Sydney Office
80 Wentworth Ave
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Notification of winners
The winners of prizes 1 through to 4 will be notified via Instagram Direct Message within one day of the draw dates.
The winner of prize 5 will be notified on their contact telephone number and in writing to their email address as provided in their entry within one day of the draw date.
Public announcement of winners
The winners of all prizes will be published here:
Driva.com.au on 07 October 2022
Unclaimed prize draw
A random unclaimed prize draw for prizes 1 through to 5 will occur 3:00 PM on 30 Oct 2022
Location of draw:
Driva Sydney Office
80 Wentworth Ave
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Notification of unclaimed prize winners
For prizes 1 through to 4, unclaimed prize winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message within one day of the draw dates.
For prize 5, an unclaimed prize winner will be notified via Email & phone no later than 01 November 2022
Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw
The winners of all unclaimed prizes will be published here:
driva.com.au on 08 November 2022
Free Fuel Friday: Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions (Terms of entry). The Terms must be read in conjunction with the Schedule. The Schedule defines the terminology used in these Terms of entry. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the Schedule, the Schedule prevails. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms of entry.
2. Driva Pty Ltd ABN 37 636 659 160 Australian Credit Licence 531492, Level 2, 80 Wentworth Avenue, Sydney NSW 2010, telephone: 1300 755 494 is the promoter of this Promotion (Promoter).
3. The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion period.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 or over who fulfill the method of entry requirements, except directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter.
5. The Prize/s are specified in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule.
6. The total prize pool is specified in the Total prize value section of the Schedule.
7. The entry periods for the prizes are as follows
i. Prize 1: 9.30am AEST on 2nd September 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 4th September 2022.
ii. Prize 2: 9.30am AEST on 9th September 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 11th September 2022.
iii. Prize 3: 9.30am AEST on 16th September 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 18th September 2022.
iv. Prize 4: 9.30am AEST on 23rd September 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 25th September 2022.
v. Prize 5: 7am AEST on 1st September 2022 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 28th September 2022.
8. The entrants must follow the Method of entry during the Promotion period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter will not advise an Entrant if their entry is deemed invalid.
9. Entrants may submit up to the Maximum number of entries (if applicable).
10. The eligibility of entries and entrants and the awarding of prizes are solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
11. Entries which, in the opinion of the Promoter, are incomplete, incorrect, or incomprehensible are not eligible to win.
12. The Promoter may request that a winner provide proof of identity, proof of age, or proof of entry validity (including satisfaction of the criteria in clauses 8 and 9) in order for the winner to claim their prize. The adequacy of such proof is at the discretion of the Promoter.
13. The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entrant(s) drawn randomly in accordance with the Prize draw details. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries (and record them in order). In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible entrant, or if the entrant is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. If the prize can’t be awarded to the entrant drawn, the promoter will then continue this process until the prize is awarded.
14. The winner does not need to be present at the draw unless expressly stated to the contrary.
15. The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Notification of winners and Notification of unclaimed prize winners (if applicable) sections of the Schedule. Notification to winners will be deemed to have occurred on the later of the time the winner receives actual notification from the Promoter or two business days thereafter. The notification will include details about how the prize(s) can be claimed.
16. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact the winner using the contact details provided in their entry. However, if the Promoter cannot contact the winner after 1 month from the date of the draw date, their prize will be considered forfeited.
17. The Promoter takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact prize winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details. If an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Promoter.
18. If the prize(s) has not been claimed by the Unclaimed prize draw time and date and subject to any written directions from a State lottery agency, the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule (if applicable). In the event the Unclaimed prize draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Notification of unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule, and if applicable, the name and State/Territory of residency of any winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw will be published in accordance with the section of the Schedule entitled Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw. If a prize is no longer available the promoter may substitute with a prize of higher or equal value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The promoter is not allowed to deduct any administrative costs associated with provision of the prize.
19. Neither the Promoter nor the voucher provider is liable for any voucher that has been stolen, forged, lost, damaged or tampered with in any way.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any delay, damage, or loss in transit of prizes.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for another item of equal or higher value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the prize).
22. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final subject to state regulations and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for late, lost, incorrect, incomplete or misdirected entries or for any technical difficulties or periods of unavailability of the entry mechanism during the Promotion Period.
24. The time of entry will, in each case, be the time that the entry is received by the Promoter.
25. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (Warranties) regarding the Promotion and any prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
27. If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms of entry which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
28. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an entrant or the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
29. By entering this Promotion, entrants understand and agree that:
a. the Promoter may collect and use the information provided by entrants (including their personal information) to tell them about or market the Promoter’s products and services and the products and services the Promoter distributes on behalf of other organisations; and
b. The collection and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy statement which adheres to the Privacy Act 1988 (cth) and Australian Privacy Principles.
30. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms of entry, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the event and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
31. All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, entrants agree to assign all their rights in and to their entry and any related content to the Promoter, including any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry and related content. Without limiting this, the Promoter may use entry content for any and all purposes including commercial purposes. You warrant that entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that the Promoter’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Promoter has no obligation to credit you as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you may have as an author of content.
32. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat; and to release Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat.