Looking for a versatile SUV that combines style, performance, and safety features in one package? Look no further than the 2023 Kia Seltos.
Kia has updated its popular SUV for the new year with plenty of advanced features and tweaks that make it even more appealing to buyers. From its eye-catching design to its state-of-the-art safety tech, the new Kia Seltos has seriously wow’d Driva’s experienced team - and we’ve reviewed a lot of cars!
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a closer look at what makes the 2023 Kia Seltos a standout in its class.
The Kia Seltos, at a glance
Kia Seltos Dimensions (H x L x W) = 1,630mm x 4,415mm x 1,800mm
Wheelbase = 2,630mm
Weight = 1,374-1,553kg
Doors = 5
Seats = 5
Max Power = 110kW / 130kW
Max Torque = 180 Nm / 265 Nm
Engine Model = 2.0-litre four-cylinder front wheel drive across range / 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder all wheel drive in Sport+ and GT line
The Kia Seltos is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2019. It quickly gained popularity, rising into the top 5 small SUVs sold in Australia in 2022, thanks to its sporty design, spacious cabin, and advanced safety features.
The 2023 model builds on that success with updated technology and design features that make it even more appealing than the 2020 model was! Let's take a closer look at what we love about the updated Kia Seltos range, and what could be improved.
What we love about the updated Kia Seltos range:
- Eye-catching design: The 2023 Kia Seltos boasts an attractive exterior design that is sure to turn heads. Its bold lines, distinctive grille, and sleek headlights give it a sporty, modern look.
- Spacious interior: The Kia Seltos has a surprisingly roomy interior, with plenty of legroom and headroom for passengers in both the front and back seats.
- Advanced safety features: The new Seltos is equipped with a range of advanced safety features, including adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and automatic emergency braking.
What could be improved in the updated Kia Seltos range:
- Limited engine options: The 2023 Kia Seltos is only available with two engine options, both of which are four-cylinder. While these engines provide decent performance, some buyers may prefer more power and engine options.
- Price increases: The 2023 Kia Seltos has seen significant price increases across all models compared to the previous year, which may make it less accessible to some buyers.
Kia Seltos pricing based on model
- Kia Seltos S 2.0-litre FWD – $31,690 (up $2400)
- Kia Seltos Sport 2.0-litre FWD – $35,390 (up $2600)
- Kia Seltos Sport+ 2.0-litre FWD – $38,490 (up $2200)
- Kia Seltos Sport+ 1.6-litre turbo AWD – $41,990 (up $2200)
- Kia Seltos GT-Line 2.0-litre FWD – $44,590 (up $2900)
- Kia Seltos GT-Line 1.6-litre turbo AWD – $47,690 (up $2400)
*prices are for drive-away from Kia Australia dealers and are subject to change
Features & Equipment of the new Kia Seltos
Before we get into more of the nitty-gritty detail of the features and specs you’d want to know about - here’s what you can expect in your 2023 Kia Seltos base model:
- Air conditioning with rear air vents
- 8-inch front console colour head-up display infotainment display screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity
- AM/FM radio
- Interior lights
- Space saver spare tyre
- USB audio input
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Centre console armrest
- Cruise control with steering wheel controls
- Reversing camera with dynamic guidelines
- Parking sensors (rear)
- Auto headlights
- Power windows with driver's one-touch auto up/down
- Power-adjustable side mirrors
- Front and rear power outlets
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Full-size spare wheel
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Hill-start assist control
- Downhill brake control
- Driver attention alert
*note that features may vary depending on the specific baseline model you choose.
…and here’s some extra features you’ll find in the more expensive 2023 Kia Seltos models:
- Keyless entry and remote engine start
- Leather seats with heating and ventilation options
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory function
- BOSE premium sound system with eight speakers
- LED headlights with auto-levelling function
- LED daytime running lights and front fog lights
- 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels, depending on the model
- Panoramic slide sunroof with power sunshade
- Electric parking brake with auto-hold function
- Wireless phone charger with USB C port
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Vanity mirrors
- Privacy glass
- Rear centre armrest with cup holders
- Blind-spot collision warning with rear cross-traffic collision warning
- Parking distance warning in reverse
- Lane departure warning with lane-keeping assist
- Driver attention warning
- Safe exit assist
- Forward collision avoidance assist with pedestrian and cyclist detection
Now, let’s dive into these awesome features the Kia Seltos built into their new 2023 model in a bit more detail.
Kia puts safety and technology at the forefront of their new Seltos design…
Kia has always been committed to producing cars with exceptional safety features, and the 2023 Kia Seltos is no exception. This model includes a suite of advanced safety technologies that come as standard across the range.
Lead vehicle departure alert
The Kia Seltos now has a feature called Lead Vehicle Departure Alert, which warns drivers when the vehicle ahead of them has moved off at a traffic light or intersection. This feature is particularly useful for those who may be guilty of singing along with the radio a little too much when they should be focusing - helping to prevent rear-end collisions.
Intelligent speed limit assist
The Kia Seltos also comes with Intelligent Speed Limit Assist, which uses a camera to detect speed limit signs and alerts the driver if they are driving over the speed limit. This is a great feature for those who may be driving in unfamiliar areas, as it helps to prevent speeding fines.
Kia connect services
Kia Connect Services is a feature that allows drivers to remotely lock and unlock their car, start and stop the engine, and access vehicle information via their smartphone or smartwatch. This feature is incredibly convenient for those who are always on the go and want to stay connected to their vehicle.
Adaptive cruise control with lane-centring
Adaptive Cruise Control with Lane-Centering is a feature that uses radar to detect the distance between the vehicle and the car in front, and automatically adjusts the speed of the car to maintain a safe following distance. The Lane-Centering feature helps to keep the car centred in its lane, providing a smoother and safer driving experience.
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come standard in the Seltos, allowing drivers to seamlessly connect their smartphone to the car’s infotainment system. This feature is a great convenience for those who use their phones for music, navigation, and hands-free calling.
Other notable features of the all-new Kia Seltos…
Warranty and maintenance guarantees
Kia offers an industry-leading seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty on all new Seltos models, which is a testament to the manufacturer's confidence in the vehicle's reliability. The warranty also includes seven years of capped-price servicing, providing owners with peace of mind and predictable maintenance costs.
Stylish interior and comfort
The Kia Seltos boasts a comfortable and spacious interior, with ample legroom and headroom for both front and rear passengers. The cabin is well-designed and stylish, with a range of features to enhance comfort and convenience, including heated and ventilated front seats, a panoramic sunroof, and a premium Bose sound system.
Engine and drive performance
The Kia Seltos comes with a choice of two engines: a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine that delivers 110kW of power and 180 Nm of torque, or a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 130kW of power and 265 Nm of torque. Both engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, with the turbocharged engine also offering a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The Seltos offers smooth and responsive driving performance, with agile handling and good fuel economy.
Choose from seven eye-catching Kia Seltos colours
The Kia Seltos is available in seven striking colours, including Mars Orange, Pluton Blue, Snow White Pearl, Steel Grey, Gravity Grey, Fusion Black, and Neptune Blue. You can also choose to customise your GT line model at an extra cost and get Clear White with a Fusion Black roof, or Pluton Blue with a Fusion Black roof.
The 2023 Kia Seltos is a versatile and reliable SUV that offers great value for money. Its impressive array of standard and optional features, combined with its spacious and comfortable interior, make it a top contender in the small SUV segment of the competitive Australian market.
Whether you're looking for a practical family vehicle or a stylish urban cruiser, the Seltos has something to offer. With its robust build quality and generous warranty, you can enjoy driving the Seltos with confidence knowing that you're backed by one of the best warranties in the industry.
Find your best Kia finance rate with Driva today, and make the most of the 2023 Kia Seltos.
Is the Kia Seltos a reliable car?
Yes, the Kia Seltos has proven to be a reliable car since its introduction. Kia offers a seven-year warranty, which is one of the longest warranties available in the market. The Seltos has also received positive reviews for its safety features and overall performance.
Is there any problem with Kia Seltos?
The Kia Seltos has received generally positive reviews, but like any other car, it may have some issues. Some drivers have reported issues with the transmission, which could cause the vehicle to stall or shift roughly. However, these issues appear to be relatively rare, and most drivers have not reported any significant problems.
Is Kia Seltos bigger than the Kia Sportage and Hyundai Kona?
No, the Kia Sportage is larger than the Seltos, and the Hyundai Kona is slightly smaller. The Seltos sits in between these two models, making it an excellent option for drivers who want a compact SUV with more interior space than the Kona but don't need the larger size of the Sportage.
Which Kia Seltos is the best value for money?
The best value for money Kia Seltos model depends on the driver's needs and preferences. For those who prioritise fuel economy, the Seltos S 2.0-litre FWD may be the best option, while those who want more power may prefer the Seltos Sport+ 1.6-litre turbo AWD. The Sport+ models also come with extra features, including artificial leather upholstery seats, LED headlights, and a sunroof.
How much does the Kia Seltos cost?
The price of the Kia Seltos varies depending on the model and features selected. The base model, S 2.0-litre FWD, starts at $31,690 AUD, while the top-of-the-line GT-Line 1.6-litre turbo AWD starts at $47,690 AUD.